A column written by managing editor Ryan McGaughey, published in the July 1 edition of the Daily Globe, caught my attention.
The editor offered a favorable view of Congressman Tim Walz’s position to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States. The column ended with this statement, “It (Walz’s Ex-Im policy) was the latest reminder of how our congressman is continuing to work in the best interests of his district.”
To offer another view, listed are six of the scores of votes and policy positions Tim Walz has taken that were not in the best interests of Minnesota’s First District or the United States.
- Walz voted for Obamacare, a law that has led to massive health insurance cancelations, skyrocketing premiums and deductibles and part-time employment.
- The congressman voted to sustain the estate “death tax,” a harsh IRS penalty that hurts farmers and small business owners and weakens rural communities.
- Walz voted for President Obama’s illegal alien amnesty and open borders policies that have made American citizens vulnerable to felony crime and Islamic terrorism
- Speaking of Islamic terrorism, the incumbent has actually advocated that al Qaeda terrorists currently held in Guantanamo Bay be moved to Minnesota and housed in the federal medical facility in Rochester!
- Walz supports gun free zones on military bases, a gun control policy that enabled Islamic terrorist Nidal Hasan to murder 13 and wound more than 30 defenseless U.S. Army soldiers at Fort Hood, Texas
- Tim Walz is 100 percent pro-choice and voted to sanction abortion in the 7th, 8th and 9th month of pregnancy, a policy most southern Minnesotans consider infanticide
Thank you for the opportunity to offer an alternative view and highlight a handful of the scores of votes and liberal positions Tim Walz has taken that, in my view, have hurt our country and misrepresent the views and needs of First District residents.
Republican candidate for Congress
First District Minnesota